Synopsys ARC Design Contest is an AIoT electronic design contest invited college students (undergraduate, graduate, doctoral) to join, the purpose is to promote ARC courses/training in EE/EECS, IoT application concept and hands-on project design abilities.
Through the combination of "Class & Contest” working model, and received technical guidance from SNPS’s professional engineers, to help participants generate advanced IoT design capabilities.
In 2017 and 2018, Taiwan joined the Cross-Strait ARC Design Contest.
In 2019, we would like to invite Synopsys Asia-Pac sites to join
Open for registration
Jan. 25, 2019
Website registration & submission
Mar. 8, 2019
Mar. 9 - 15, 2019
Qualified team’s notice
Mar. 16, 2019
System email notification
Jun. 14, 2019
Preliminary contest review
Jun. 19 - 28, 2019
Preliminary teams’ notice
Jul. 1, 2019
Final work submission
Aug. 19, 2019
Final Contest and Award Ceremony
Aug. 27, 2019
National Chiao Tung University
- Smart Life x Connect Everything
eg. Addressing key IoT challenges : Home IoT, Smart Cities, Health & Fitness, Wearable Infotainment, etc.
- Group B: ARC IoT Develompent Kit (IoTDK) Smart Innovation Group
eg. Facilitating Machine Learning inference for IoT: voice and face trigger/recognition, NN, etc.
- Our company will provide the basic software/hardware development tools required for this competition.
- An open-ended proposition is adopted by the participating teams to choose their own works. For specific technical problems, the teams should base on the ARC EMSK or IoTDK Kit development board and use the modern electronic system design method to solve the problems. The key point is the participants, for their ability to apply electronic information theory to the design of the electronic system, their creativity and novelty of the works, and their cooperating ability of team work.
- The selection of the topic is based on embARC, the open source software platform of Synopsys Taiwan Co., Ltd., to focus on popular application: IoT (Internet of Things), embedded and control design, and the relevant issues to create innovative products, services and technologies, such as smart wear, smart home, smart environmental protection, smart medical treatment, smart safety, and so forth.
Qualifications and Restrictions:
- This Contest is open to all students currently attending colleges or universities. The participants must be a student registered and attending colleges or universities during the Contest Registration Period and shall not be working in any company, research institute or other entity on a full-time or part-time basis during the Contest Period.
- Only teams may be registered to participate in the Contest, and each team may have up to 3 participants (students) and may invite one or two couches to join.
- Each team only can be enrolled in one competition category; please do not submit the same project multiple times.
- Each participant is required to sign a consent letter of the Contest and agree to follow all the provisions in the consent letter, and if there is any non-compliance or violation of any such provision, the participant shall be disqualified. If there is any dispute on the compliance issue, the Contest Organizer shall have the sole authority to decide on such dispute.
- Each participant acknowledges and agrees that the project submitted may be posted in Synopsys ARC related website.
Preliminary Submission Requirements:
- Document review: The judges will select the qualified teams from the entries (PPT format) to participate in the preliminary competition. The actual number of teams entering the finals will be adjusted by the judges and the organizers according to the actual situation. The documents should be submitted by March 8th, 2019.
- Preliminary review: The judges will select the qualified teams from the preliminary competition (PPT format with further explanation) to participate in the final competition. The actual number of teams entering the finals will be adjusted by the judges and the organizers according to the actual situation. The documents should be submitted by June 14th, 2019.
- Final contest needs to include：Project PPT, Video (50M), Photos (5-6), and upload the link to website
- Proposal：Follow standard format in PPT or PDF version
- Please refer to registration webpage for competition submission requirements and the template of PPT
Grading & Prizes :
Functionality and practicality (20%), practical design consideration (20%), creative design (15%), integrity (15%) and work display (30%)
- First Place (x 1P): NTD 80,000 and certification
- Second Place（x 1P）: NTD 50,000 and certification
- Third Place（x 1P）: NTD 30,000 and certification
- Excellence （several）: NTD 15,000 and certification
ARC Technical Support Modules:
- embARC OSP & documentation:
Program Representative: Anna Hsu
* Synopsys reserves the right to make changes of these terms and conditions.